it’s always tricky picking a fragrance for someone else. fragrance is a personal choice because it is closely tied to our sense of smell, which is a highly subjective and individual experience. a lot of people choose Vanilla Bourbon when gifting a candle for the same reason they might buy an Apple computer... because they think they can’t go wrong.
fragrance is a bit more personal than that: it evokes emotions, memories and associations of people, which is why we don’t focus on choosing a “good” fragrance. we focus on helping you choose a fragrance that’s a good match for the person who will be lighting the candle.
if you’re gifting to someone whose house is all white, for example, you might want to go with something fresh and airy. try to picture an ultra sweet or fruity candle in their house – you can’t.
something else to keep in mind is the occasion. if you’re gifting a candle or diffuser for their bathroom, essential oil Fresh Eucalyptus is a safe bet. when you give it to them, you can say “love this for the bathroom.”
below we put together fragrances by personalities to help you decide on your next gift. if you’re still unsure of which direction to go, email, DM or text/call us at 3054205559 – we’re here to help you be the best gift giver! xx
reminder: all of our fragrances are non-toxic and made with 100% premium materials. If you want to read more about our clean practices, go here.
- Bergamot + Cashmere (soft green citrus)
- Gilded Champagne (champagne)
- Meet Me In Marrakesh (smoky and spicy masculine)
- Hampton House (classic florals)
THE BOLD TYPE
- Tall Dark & Handsome (woody and masculine)
- Pass The Paloma (juicy grapefruit)
THE LAID-BACK QUEEN
- In The Mood (white tuberoses)
- Miami Squeeze (sweet citrus)
- La Vie En Rose (fresh cut roses)
- Queen Of hearts (sensual citrus)
THE WELLNESS GURU
- Limoni Di Capri (lemon essential oil)
- Fresh Eucalyptus (eucalyptus essential oil)
- Lavande De Provence (lavender essential oil)
THE BASIC GAL
- Vanilla Bourbon (soft vanilla)
- Sugar Daddy (brown sugar and fig)
all of our fragrances are limited edition–this blog was published in March 2023, and some fragrances might not be available anymore depending on when you’re reading this.
Thank you so much! with all this information now is so much easier to choose the perfect fragrance for me.
Loved this so much and really helped me understand the different fragrances!
This is SO helpful!