the candle bible
TAJA candles are made with so much love (and clean ingredients). One of the benefits of being made with 100% soy wax is that your candle will burn cleaner and longer – check out our TAJA 101 blog to learn more. Many consumers don't realize that burning a candle can be very toxic, especially if your candle is filled with paraffin, parabens and/or phthalates. And don't be fooled by the price tag, even luxury brands pack their candles with toxic chemicals!
Not to worry, with TAJA, you're in good hands! And we've recently launched 2 new amazing essential oil candles: Limoni di Capri and Fresh Eucalyptus.
We love to share ways to maximize your candle burn! Check out these 5 tips and become a candle-burning pro!
Do’s and Don’ts:
1. Always trim your wick after each burn (ideally, you want the wick to be about 1/8"-1/4" long). This will prevent smokey stains on the jar. Check out our best-selling wick trimmer!
2. Don’t blow out your candles, snuff them! Check out our snazzy snuffers. It's the best way to ensure your candle dries flat and clean, and you won't spill wax everywhere!
3. When placing a candle in your home, of course you want it to look nice and flow with the décor, but, remember: never put it directly under an air vent! As a matter of fact, try to keep them as far away as you can from air vents. If the current of the air reaches the candle, it’ll blow one or two wicks out and leave the other ones lit, causing your candle to burn unevenly. Blowing air disturbs the flame, which can lead to wicks getting stuck in the wax and smokey marks on the jar.
4. If you’re hosting a party: put a timer! Don’t burn your candle for more than 4 hours at a time, but burn them for at least enough time that the top layer is evenly burned. If you don't burn the candle for enough time, your candle will tunnel. If do burn the candle until the wax is evenly melted, the surface of the candle will stay flat and the sides clean.
5. If you’re hosting a party, light your candle about 30 mins prior to everyone arriving – this way, the scent will have permeated the space and everyone will walk in asking what that amazing scent is! Make sure you size up for bigger spaces so you can fill the room!
as helpful as it is chic
what do you want to read next? don't forget to leave a comment and say hi to the team! we read you!
TEAM'S FAVORITES ATM
BEST SELLERS ATM